Reach Out - Higher Ed Phone App
REACH OUT is a suicide prevention mobile app designed for college students by Lakeland Community College in partnership with the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation (OSPF). REACH OUT sponsored by Lakeland Community College and the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation.
The App features key information on suicide warning signs, how to help a friend or oneself, and customizable resources for mental health and crisis intervention. By disseminating the REACH OUT app on your campus, you can fulfill many of the requirements of H.B. 28.
Most importantly, a limited number of Ohio higher education institutions can sign up to customize the Reach Out app for use on their own campuses for free. The REACH OUT mobile app is highly customizable and can include your school colors, logos, graphics, and branding as well as customized content and your own campus and community resources. The name of the app may also be customized to align with the campus culture or existing programs. Participating colleges and universities will join a collective of institutions disseminating the REACH OUT app on their campuses.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling first come, first served basis. All REACH OUT Affiliate campuses will license the app from Lakeland Community College at no cost. All computer programming costs associated with customization of the app will be covered by OSPF through SAMSHA GLS Grant: SM062894.
Become a REACH Out Affiliate Campus
Resources for REACH OUT Affiliate Campuses
To customize the app for your campus, apply to be a REACH Out Affiliate Campus!
Becoming an Affiliate Campus is free and applications are accepted on a rolling, first-come, first-serve basis.
Lakeland’s REACH OUT Creators will provide technical support to institutions who become an Affiliate Campus during the customization process.
CLICK HERE to read the full list of expectations for REACH OUT Affiliate Campuses.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
REACH OUT Affiliate Campuses receive the following benefits:
- Full access to the REACH OUT Mobile App for your campus
- Ability to customize REACH OUT with campus branding and resources
- Ability to disseminate your customized app on your campus
- Access to usage data of REACH OUT on your campus
- Opportunity to join in quarterly webinars where higher education institutions share their experiences with app customization & dissemination
- Opportunity to join a REACH OUT Affiliates List-Serve whereby Affiliate Campuses can post questions and share ideas
In order to apply, institutions must meet the following requirements:
- Be an accredited institution of higher education in Ohio
- Have a designated lead staff member who will guide app customization and dissemination
- Have a group of at least 3 institution staff and/or students to be part of the CoP & support app dissemination on campus
- Obtain support for the project from the Marketing and IT departments, or equivalent (e.g. student affairs, student life, communication, etc.)
- Agree to customize the REACH OUT App with local branding & resources
- Create a marketing/dissemination plan for REACH OUT on your campus
- Sign a REACH OUT App licensing agreement (Click here to view)
For additional questions on REACH OUT email: Ken Browner, Psy.D., KBrowner@lakelandcc.edu
Once your application to become a REACH OUT Affiliate Campus is accepted, you will have access to a full suite of resources to support your REACH OUT customization and implementation.
REACH OUT Affiliate Campus Resources Page. (Username and password needed to access)
This opportunity is offered [in part] under grant number SM062894 from the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS). The views, policies, and opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of SAMHSA or HHS.